1. Take up as much of the spill as possible using a towel.
2. Gently press a clean cloth into the spill to remove as much moisture as possible. Don’t scrub! Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain.
3. Add warm water, and blot the stain until color stops transferring to the cloth.
4. If the stain persists, make a detergent solution by adding 1/4 tsp of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
5. Apply the solution to the spill and let sit for 5 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Repeat until all the solution is removed.
6. Place paper towel on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weigh down the towels and let sit overnight.
7. Once the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
8. If the stain persists, repeat step 3 through 7.